The company has another pelagic facility in Chanduy, Ecuador. We have cold chambers set at -18ºC to ensure the freshness of our products.
1. Unloading process
We unload the raw material in a chata or mobile dock, from which the fishing is pumped out towards the plant. This path is approximately 1km long from the sea to the dock. The chata is equipped with an advanced pumping system that has frozen water systems as well, which help maintain the fishing safe and unharmed, before it is received in the facilities of the plant.
Fish are received in containers with a temperature of 4ºC. Afterwards, it is classified according to size and species, in order to be coded with the corresponding batch number.
3. IQF (Individually Quick Frozen)
- We place the coded product in plastic trays which have been previously washed and sanitized, and then piled in pallets. These pallets are carried out to tunnels with a 20ºC temperature. Here they are kept for 20 hours until the product reaches a temperature of 18ºC.
- Each tunnel has a storage capacity of 25 tons.
- For IQF (Individually Quick Frozen), we place the product individually, on the conveyor belt so it can pass through the equipment system until it reaches a temperature of -18ºC.
- We submerge the frozen product in containers with ice, to cover it with a protective layer that preserves it from ice burns.
- The glazing percentage may vary depending on the requirement of each client.
5. Packing and Crating
- The glazed product is placed in carton boxes which contain several plastic sheets, known as foils.
- The boxes are crated in pallets which are stretch wrapped to secure the stability of the boxes.
- Each box is labeled with all the information required by the customer as well as any other mandatory information.
6. Storage, Dispatch and Transportation
- The pallets are transferred to a storage chamber with a temperature of 20ºC. They are kept inside, until the moment of loading for exportation.
- Previously to the loading, we verify the sanitary conditions of the transportation units.
- The product is dispatched in containers with a freezing temperature of -18ºC
- Each container has a disposable device that controls the temperature and is permanently transmitting this information to us until the container reaches its final destination.